This document contains guidelines for contributing changes to the Ent documentation website.
The Ent documentation website is generated from the project's main GitHub repo.
Follow this short guide to contribute documentation improvements and additions:
- Fork and clone locally the main repository.
- The documentation site uses Docusaurus. To run it you will need Node.js installed.
- Install the dependences:
- Run the website in development mode:
- Open you browser at http://localhost:3000.
- Documentation files are located in
doc/md, they are Markdown-formatted with "front-matter" style annotations at the top. Read more about Docusaurus's document format.
- Ent uses Golang CommitMessage formats to keep the repository's history nice and readable. As such, please use a commit message such as:
- Add a new Markdown file in the
doc/mddirectory, for example
- The file should be formatted as such:
id should be a unique identifier for the document, should be the same as the filename without the
title is the title of the document as it will appear in the page itself and any navigation element on the site.
3.If you want the page to appear in the documentation website's sidebar, add its
website/sidebars.js, for example: